97 St Martin's Lane
Category: Film Services; Electrical Goods Manufacturer, Supplier or Engineer; Cinema Equipment Manufacturer or Supplier; Kinematograph Apparatus and Accessories Manufacturer or Supplier
Type: Renter, Dealer and Manufacturer of Apparatus, Manufacturer of Resistances, Spools, Bioscope Stands, Switchboards, Ticket Issuing Machines
Capital: £3,000 (£1 shares)
Formed out of the existing New Film Hiring Co (which began business in 1905) ran by Ada Mary Payne (Cinematograph Proprietor) and Harry Deniss Lewis (Engineer).Became New Film Hiring Co Ltd June 1909. Also took over New Film Trading Co. Ada Mary Payne was, by 1910, some 14 years in the film business, running a business sold to the New Film Hiring Co in 1905 (Bioscope 24.2.1910, 33). Act as agents for the Harper's Ticket Issuing and Recording Machines, which could be viewed at the St Martin's Lane premises (Bioscope 3.3.10, 56). Bioscope 21.4.1910 a fire broke out nearby to the premises and destroyed all the company's stock. Among those thanked by the company for their help are Walturdaw, Hepworth, Warwick, Paragon and Williamson. Assets sold by auction 14th March 1911.
Trading Dates: from 1905.
Start Notes: Reg 15 June 1909
End Notes: Receiver appointed by Chadwick 31.10.10. Co owned him £500. Also petition made by Warwick Trading Co, Barker, Walturdaw and ten others. Report appears in the Bioscope 19.1.1911, 51
Richard Chadwick (Director)
Harry Deniss Roberts (Managing Director)