Category: Film Services
Type: Cinematograph Specialists, Manufacturer of Bioscope Stands, Renter
Capital: £4,000 (£1 shares), increased by 500 £1 shares December 1909. Increased by £3,500 4th July 1915.
Notes: Renter 1909-1914
Bioscope 16.6.1910, 15, Company was formed in April 1909 in Brixton Road. Moved to Cecil Court in June and then became ltd company. Made arrangements in May 1910 to take over Hepworth premises at 15-17 in July. Company was originally ran by George Williams Holdsworth (aka Walter Payne) who assigned the company to Bishop, a gentleman. Co borrowed £9249 from Tyler Industries 9 Sept 1913. Listed in KYB 1915, 431 at 81-3 Shaftsbury Avenue. Shareholders of interest include Walter Tyler Ltd (260 shares (21.7.10), Paul Chaueriat of Robert Prieur 200 shares ditto, James Machin Film Manufacturer 100 shares ditto. Will Day (100 shares 15 Feb 1912). Original Office 346 Brixton Road, London. Moved to Cecil Court June 1909. August 1910 moved to 15-17 Cecil Court. Moved to 81-82 Shaftsbury Avenue September 1911
Start Notes: Reg 22.4.1909
End Notes: Restructured 28th July 1916, new company to be registered, Globe Films Ltd.
Gerald Michael Bishop (Director)
Harold Roswell Bishop (Director)
George Howard Cricks (Director)
George William Holdsworth (Director)
James Charles Squier (Manager)
Frederick William Stephens (Director)